Our goal is to provide information about the Moringa Oleifera Tree, its Benefits and Uses.
Moringa's Anti - Aging Nutrients
As we grow older, our skin begins to react in a variety of ways. From the age of 20 onwards, it loses collagen at an average rate of 1 percent per year. As the result, it becomes thinner and more fragile.
Sweat and oil glands also begin to function at a diminished capacity, and exposure to extreme weather, dust, and pollution can further damage its quality. Skin can become drier, and losses its plump, elastic feel. Aging in a person’s skin shows up through wrinkles, freckles, sun spots, and loss of collagen and elastin.
Aging also depletes the body of much needed nutrients such as calcium and vitamins, resulting in lessened hearing, impaired vision, slower agility, reduced mental clarity, memory loss, fatigue, and increases the susceptibility to diseases such as arthritis/osteoarthritis, blood pressure, stress, and even cancers
Still other problems are those associated with poor digestion and urinary tract infections.
Research shows you can reverse the process of aging through the use of:
- Vitamin A, which contains beta carotene and retinol that helps build collagen fibers within the skin. It also aids in improving eyesight and fighting infections
- Vitamin C, which is an antioxidant and heals and repairs damaged skin
- Vitamin E, which has anti-inflammatory properties
- Vitamin D, which helps the body produce Calcitriol, much needed for strong bones and teeth, and to promote normal cell growth
- Calcium, which can strengthen bones and prevent osteoporosis
- Iron, which helps in the formation of hemoglobin and myoglobin to improve the immune system and boost mental clarity
- Potassium, which prevents muscles loss and assists in the reduction of blood pressure.
Moringa has been used in folk medicine as an anti-cancer herb. Animal studies have found that moringa helps to inhibit tumor growth and often helps reduce replication of skin cancer cells. Extracts of Moringa have traditionally been used to treat tumors. An article in the December 2005 issue of the "Tree for Life Journal" states that in laboratory animals, moringa extracts have inhibited the growth of tumors. More research in needed before these benefits are proven to help prevent cancer in humans.
Moringa is Loaded with Antioxidants!
Check out what Dr. Oz has to say about antioxidants....
2. Energy Blaster: Moringa Oleifera
The leaves of the moringa oleifera tree, native to the Himalayan mountains in northwestern India, are extremely nutrient-dense. They contain 3 times more iron than spinach and are loaded with tons of other vitamins including vitamin C, vitamin A, calcium and potassium, as well as powerful antioxidants. To benefit from this super supplement, take 400mg daily. You can also try moringa oleifera tea, a great alternative to caffeinated beverages. Available at health food stores.
Clean Water Saves Lives:
Latest Update from the Field
Workshop staged for female headed households
By Joachim Ezeji - Team Leader, March 18, 2012 02:41 PM